- Generating and manipulating a (cube) voxel terrain, built in chunks
- Voxel lighting system, with static shadows
- Entity component system
- Entities defined in data files
- 3D pathfinding
- Water ebb and flow simulation
- A job system
- Animation system that imports Blender animations with bone data
- UI system
- Camera system with in-world picking of objects
- A screwy physics system that I eventually gave up on
- And much more, it's been three years, I don't remember it all
So... Yes, this version of AOG is dead. I can't dedicate enough time or passion to writing my own engine in Java. I still have a faint hope that I'll continue work on the space game set in the same universe. Time will tell.
Find the source here:
If you do end up using any of this, or find it useful, please let me know! I'd love to hear about it. If you have questions, I'll try to answer them as well.